At the Name of Jesus
- A lame man was healed, “Silver and gold have I none but such as I have I give unto you. In the name of Jesus of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” Acts 3:6, Acts 9:34
- Demons left men and entered pigs.
- Demons left women who were being used by men. Acts 16:18 But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.
- At the name of Jesus 3,000 were saved on Pentecost. Acts 2:32-40 3:22-4:4 5000 more saved
- Difficult people are saved – Acts 9 Saul of Tarsus
- Reconciliation with God and with man occurs. Jesus takes our sin and gives us His righteousness we then dwell with one another in Jesus’ righteousness ever being reconciled to one another because of Jesus. Eph 2:13 “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
- Galatians 3:26-28 All are made one, Jews and Gentiles, slaves and free, men and women, all are brought near and made one in Jesus Christ. The promise of God to Abraham is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
- Galatians 4:-7 in Christ we are adopted through Him who came in the fullness of time.
- Ephesians 1, In Christ we are blessed, chosen adopted and redeemed all to the praise of His glory.
- Ephesians 2, at the name of Jesus we are made alive in Him as His workmanship created by Him to do good works.
- Ephesians 2:19-22 in Christ we are made one and built together to be a holy habitation of God.
- Ephesians 4:20-24 In Christ we put off the old and put on the new being renewed in the Spirit of our minds putting on the new man which is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- Ephesians 5:18 and following, In Christ we are filled with the Holy Spirit and our lives change in Him.
Philippians 2 Christ was humbled and then exalted. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord, kurios, of all and of them
These are my notes from yesterday morning, at least some of them. I have become more and more thrilled at all that Jesus did and still does. To think that at Christmas time we have the liberty to talk freely and open of our Savior is a great privilege. Talk to someone about Him. He gives us much to talk about.